Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Yarn Along


Hello! Can you believe that it's already December? Joining with Ginny at Small Things for this week's Yarn Along.

I have finished Phoebe's puddle duck sweater and it is super cute. I decided to not do the 3/4 length sleeves and just did little capped sleeves instead. I am happy with my choice. I don't have a picture to show you because there never seems to be any natural light any more these days.... it's tricky to sneak in a picture in daylight (and I am also trying to hide the sweater from Miss P since it is a Christmas gift).

I am now working on this jumper for Phoebe, also for Christmas. Now that December has arrived, I am realizing that I had better knit faster if I am going to finish all of the projects that I had in mind! I think this will be another weekend around the house filled with crafting....

And what am I reading? It's more like what am I not reading.... I have a huge stack of books right now. I am slowly picking my way through War and Peace..... each pages is quite tedious to read as I often find myself having to look up characters, and of course, reading all of the french translations is slow too. However, I am starting to get pulled into the story and I am enjoying it. Tolstoy has a wonderful sense of humor. I think that I will be reading this one slowly, over many months, but that is fine by me.

I am also plowing through Reached, the last book in YA series Matched. I haven't been enjoying it as much as the first two, but oh well. It's a nice mindless read.

What are you reading? What are you knitting?
Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. That will be a super cute jumper for your daughter. Like you, I am reading several books right now - but my main read is a lovely little book called "52 Little Life Lessons from a Christmas Carol." I love that you are reading "War and Peace." You are an ambitious reader! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I know that not-reading queue of books! And the missing daylight, too! Not that much pictures of what we work on either these days. But your jumper /dress will be cute - such an adorable pattern and yarn choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little jumper is adorable. I love knitting clothes for the little ones. Instant gratification!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the decision to knit cap sleeves is perfect and I hope later on you will be able to get photos of it being worn.
    Lots of Christmas knitting here too, but then I think we are all doing the same thing...it's a nice thought!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay for finishing and for casting on another one!

    ReplyDelete