Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Yarn Along


Joining with Ginny of Small Things for this week's yarn along.

I am knitting up one of these cowls as a gift. I made several for family and friends for the holidays and I had a request to make another. I had better hurry before spring arrives! I am still working on my sockhead hat, and manage to sneak in a few rows every couple of days.

All of this snow was good for my reading. I finally finished Sometimes a Great Notion. I was reading it, on and off, for about 5 months.  Seriously. I feel like I deserve a medal for finishing! I am currently finishing up a couple of non-fictions, Hands-Free Mama and A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle. But what I am really excited about is that I just started A Game of Thrones.  I have only watched a few episodes of the tv series, so what happens will be a surprise. So far so good! Have you read the Game of Thrones series? What did you think?

Finn and I have been working our way through the Roald Dahl box set. We finished up Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator last night and just started Danny, Champion of the World.

And, my cat Matty really wanted to be in the yarn along photos. Again. I had to oblige.

What are you reading? What are you knitting?





Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. That sockhat is quite an endeavor! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a kitty face! I like the yarn you chose for the cowl. That will be warm indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute cowl pattern. Love the dahl books, my kids both loved his stories and he writes so that the adult is entertained as well, a win win situation :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rhoald Dahl is the best, I loved all his books when I was little. Sophie loved the BFG and Matilda.
    Such a pretty cat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the kitty!
    By the way... Game of Thrones is the kind of book you look up from and wonder exactly how the house got so messy and why it is dark already! Enjoy! But don't say I didn't warn you! ;)

    ReplyDelete